The European Commission‘s Erasmus mobility programme celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. Erasmus enables students who study in most European countries to participate in student exchanges and international internships. In 2011 Metropolia sent out 330 exchange students, 140 international interns and welcomed 320 incoming exchange students.
To celebrate the 25 years of Erasmus programme, international exchanges and internships, Metropolia International Office organizes a competition for all Metropolia?s incoming and outgoing exchange students with the theme “What I Learned“. All Metropolia students who have been in long-term student exchange or international internship (more than 3 months), and all incoming exchange students who have been to Metropolia can participate – not just Erasmus students.
The first prize of the competition is iPod Touch! With it you can for example listen to music, record HD videos, play games and use the Internet. There are also Metropolia-related prizes for the runner-ups.
To participate, please send:
- a photograph, a short video or an animation
- and a short 1000-1500 character (with spaces) story
of your student exchange/internship with the theme “What I Learned”.
Send your photo/animation/video that best describes the theme and your story via e-mail to International Coordinator Elina Värtö by March 4th, 2012:
Please also send us also the following information:
- your name
- when and where the photo was taken
- title of the photo (not compulsory)
- outgoing students: when and where were you an exchange student / intern
- incoming students to Metropolia: when and in which degree programme were you an exchange student
Panel of Metropolia’s Erasmus experts (students and staff) will choose the winner in March-April 2011. We will also display the photos at various Metropolia locations, where students can vote for their favourite.
- The photos should be in digital form with minimum of resolution 2000 x 1500 / 5M / 300 dpi
- Please note that the photos and the stories entered in the competition may be used in Metropolia’s marketing. Therefore it is mandatory that all contestants ask permission of the people in the photo to enter it into the competition.
Metropolia International Office team